- Item Description
- Product Video
- Specifications / Certificate of Analysis
- Certified nuclease-free and pyrogen-free
- 0.1 µm sterile-filtered into certified-clean polycarbonate bottles
- Steam-sterilized (autoclaved twice)
- 18.2 Megohm deionized
- Available in multiple sizes; sold individually and in multi-bottle cases
- Applications: PCR, RT-PCR, restriction enzyme assays, modifying enzyme assays, transfection, cloning, transformation, and all general molecular biology lab procedures.
Packaging Makes A Difference
- All standard IBI Pure Water products are packaged in virgin, non-leaching, medical grade polycarbonate bottles. IBI is the ONLY pure water manufacturer packaging in polycarbonate vessels.
- Polycarbonate allows the user to re-autoclave the water IN the bottle should sterility become compromised during use.
- Bottles are 100% recyclable AND re-usable. Re-purpose the bottles in the lab for buffers or other aqueous solutions. These bottles can be cleaned and autoclaved for years!
- IBI Pure Water products are packaged in 2.0ml vials for PCR reactions all the way up to sterile 55 gallon drums for manufacturing processes. How would you like your water packaged?
IBI Molecular Biology Grade, Nuclease-Free Water is ideal for all applications in a molecular biology lab including PCR, RT-PCR, restriction enzyme assays, modifying enzyme assays, transfection, cloning, transformation and all general molecular biology lab procedures.
IBI Molecular Biology Grade Water is manufactured under stringent conditions. The purification process for this 18.2 megohm product includes continuous deionization, reverse osmosis, UV-treatment, a 0.1 µm filtration, followed by steam sterilization in final packaging.
Our unique water purification process involves sterile-filtration through a 0.1 µm filter- the smallest filter (pore) size available- thus, removing all bacteria, viruses, and pyrogens. Sterility is further maintained by sterile-filtering directly into an aseptic polycarbonate bottle (or container). These FDA-approved polycarbonate bottles are non-leaching and allow for IBI water products to be autoclaved in its final packaging, ensuring terminal sterilization. Unlike PET bottles, IBI polycarbonate bottles can be autoclaved multiple times. If compromised sterility of an open product is a concern, our polycarbonate bottles allow for re-autoclaving to inactivate any contaminating nucleases. Re-autoclaving can be done on the liquid cycle at 121°C/15 psi. (Be sure to slightly disengage the lid during the autoclave cycle.)
Sterility of water is measured by the Sterility Assurance Level (SAL). IBI Molecular Biology Grade Water maintains the highest level of sterility with a SAL=10-6 . Thus, the chance of a living organism being contained in the water is one in a million. In order to maintain sterility, only open this product in a sterile environment, i.e. clean room, tissue culture fume hood, etc.
After manufacturing we test our water for up to three days. Each lot is individually assayed to ensure that it meets the stated specifications prior to being released from quality control.
IBI can provide Molecular Biology Grade Water in single lot quantities and an array of packaging options from 125 ml sterile bottles to 55 gal. sterile drums. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you in developing the product that best fits your application.
The document below serves as a specification sheet and certificate of analysis for all Molecular Biology Water products.
|Cations & Anions Free:||Yes|
|Sterility Assurance By:||0.1 µm pore filter|
|Endotoxin (LAL):||≤ 0.1 EU/ml|
|Heavy Metals:||Not Tested|
|Iron (Fe):||Not Tested|
|Sterility Assured:||0.1 µm sterile-filtered and 2 X autoclaved|
|Available Bottle Sizes:||125 ml, 500 ml, 1 L, 2 L, 10 L|