Scientists performing cell culture research require the highest quality laboratory equipment to obtain optimal results. Underinvesting in equipment or reagents may lead to contamination of cell cultures and erroneous findings. Learn how IBI Scientific supports cell biology researchers with quality products and a commitment to customer service.
Cell Culture Laboratory Equipment
We offer a variety of cell culture products, including:
- TUNAIR. TUNAIR flasks are a great alternative to Erlenmeyer flasks. Their unique, patented design provides optimal growth conditions for mammalian cells, aerobic microorganisms, and plant cells. The flasks are specially designed with baffling and a turbo-vane closure to improve culture growth and productivity over standard Erlenmeyer flask. We offer TUNAIR flasks in a variety of sizes as well as specialty caps and filters.
- Dry culture media. Choosing the correct culture media is critical to the success of cell biology experiments. From LB Miller Broth (Luria broth) to Terrific Broth and several types of agar, we offer a range of products to meet your needs. Check the technical specifications to ensure the use of yeast, casein peptone, sodium chloride, and other chemicals that promote bacterial growth factors. Our customer service experts can help you identify the best media for your experimental setting.
- Antibiotics. Inhibiting the growth of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria without destroying culture monolayers is essential to cell culture success. IBI Scientific offers a range of antibiotics to target Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Proteus, Pseudomonas, and other bacterial strains. Purchase dry antibiotics to make a stock solution for your lab.
- Cell culture grade water and cell culture reagents. Pure water is a core cell biology research product, but not all brands of laboratory water are created equally. IBI Cell Culture Grade Water is ideal for nuclear transfer, transfection, transformation, LAL testing, cell and tissue culture, and other aqueous solution preparations. Purification includes double distillation 0.1 𝜇M sterile filtration, and two rounds of steam sterilization.
- Cell culture reagents. Investing in the best quality reagents pays off with the success of your experiments. For example, our 10X sterile phosphate buffered saline (PBS) is filtered at 0.2 𝜇M and autoclaved. This buffer is perfectly suited to wash, transport, and dilute cells without fear of contamination or disruption of your cell culture protocol.
- Shakers. Our Belly Dancer shaker offers a unique, undulating motion due to its patented orbital platform design. This piece of equipment provides a combination of rocking platform mixer and orbital shaker, with smooth motion dissolving solvents and protecting cell lines from shearing. For those with a more compact laboratory space, the Belly Button shaker is a smaller version with an 8” x 8” foot print. You will notice a tremendous difference in quality between our products and the simple, one dimensional shakers found in many labs.
- Pipet holders/serological racks. From a lab organization perspective, pipet holders and serological racks prevent costly errors from being made. Our products are made to accommodate several sizes of pipettes in a configuration optimized for efficient storage.
- DNA and RNA extraction from cultured cells. Following cell culturation, many protocols require extraction of DNA and RNA. We offer a full line of RNA and DNA kits for purification from cultured cells. With exceptionally high yields and low rates of contamination, our kits provide high-quality DNA and RNA for the next step in your protocol.
Why Choose IBI Scientific for Cell Culture Research Products
IBI Scientific is an industry leader in providing biological research products for people performing cell cultures. Our ISI 9001:2015 certification demonstrates our ability to manufacture quality lab science research products. Not only are we committed to providing the highest quality of cell culture products, but we also ensure our products are available at competitive price points. To learn more about what we can offer your lab, contact us today or start a convenient online order.