- Item Description
- Technical Information
- Use on a variety of samples: blood, tissue, plant, bacteria, fungus, virus, etc.
- 15 minute 2-step protocol
- Use DNA directly in PCR reactions
- DNA purification is not required
IBI X-Amp DNA Reagent is designed for efficient release of DNA for direct use in PCR reactions without purification. A wide variety of samples are effectively homogenized in the reagent without any pre-treatment or subsequent bind, wash or elution steps. Simply place the sample in the reagent, follow the 2-step protocol and transfer the lysate to a PCR mix, qPCR or multiplex PCR reaction. IBI X-Amp DNA Reagent is tested on a lot-to-lot basis according to IBI’s ISO-certified quality management system. DNA from a 1 mg tissue sample is lysed in X-Amp DNA Reagent. A 5 μl aliquot of lysate is added directly into a 50 μl PCR mix.
|Sample Type & Size||X-AMP|
|Bacteria Culture (1ul-5ul)||100ul|
|Operation Time:||<15 minutes|
Illustration below shows the following:
- Human blood samples were lysed in X-AMP DNA Reagent for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Plant and bacteria samples were lysed for 15 minutes at 80ºC.
- 2 μl aliquots of lysate were added to 20 μl PCR mixtures.
- Lane 1-2: partial human ACTB gene (250 bp) was amplified from 10 μl of human blood.
- Lane 3-4: partial Actin-2 gene (750 bp) was amplified from 20 mg of Arabidopsis thaliana leaves.
- Lane 5: partial 16S ribosomal gene (200 bp) was amplified from 2 μl of cultured Escherichia coli broth.
- Lane 6: partial 16S ribosomal gene (200 bp) was amplified from 2 μl of cultured Bacillus subtilis broth.