- Item Description
- Product Specifications
- Certificate of Analysis
- Technical Information
- Yeast Nitrogen Base (without amino acids) is a broth medium used for classifying yeasts based on amino acid and carbohydrate requirements
- It contains all essential vitamins and inorganic salts necessary for the cultivation of yeasts, except for histidine, methionine, tryptophane and a carbohydrate source.
IBI Scientific Yeast Nitrogen Base w/o amino acids is a broth medium developed for classifying yeasts. This nutrient-rich microbial broth contains nitrogen, vitamins, trace elements and salts.
Yeast Nitrogen Base without amino acids is a highly referenced growth medium that is ideal for culturing wild type yeast. The presence of amino acid is known to prevent selectable marker utilization. Hence, this media is formulated without amino acids and is useful for cloning and manipulation of yeast artificial chromosome.
Final pH: 5.4 +/- 0.2 at 25C
Prepare a 10X solution by dissolving 6.7 g of the base, 5 g of dextrose or equivalent amount of other carbohydrate and 5 – 10 ml of the desired amino acid in 100 ml of purified water until evenly dispersed. Warm slightly in a 45-50 C water bath with repeated stirring to dissolve.
DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL. DO NOT AUTOCLAVE.
Mix well and filter-sterilize. Store at 2-8 C. Prepare the final medium by aseptically adding 0.5ml of the 10X solution to 4.5 ml of sterile water. Mix the solution by shaking gently prior to inoculation.
Quality Control Specifications
- The powder is homogenous, free flowing and off-white.
- Visually the prepared medium is clear and almost colorless.
- Expected culture response after 3 – 5 days at 30 C.
Candida Albicans ATCC 10231
Kloeckera apiculata ATCC 9774
Saccharomyces cerevisiae ATCC 9080
Saccharomyces cerevisiae ATTC 9763
Store the sealed bottled containing the dehydrated medium at 2 – 30 C. Once opened and re-capped, place the container in a low humidity environment at the same storage temperature. Protect it from moisture and light. The dehydrated medium should be discarded if it is not free flowing or of the color has changed from the original color.