Written by: Rebecca Peterson
Table of Contents:
- How does the IBI Isolate DNA/RNA Kit work?
- Does your research require total RNA of a higher level of purity?
- IBI RNA Pure Kit Product Information
- IBI Tri-Isolate RNA Pure Kit Information
IBI Scientific strives to provide life science researchers cost-effective products while maintaining strict quality standards in a competitive market. When it comes to reagent-based extraction, you no longer need to drain your laboratory’s funds to obtain high-quality total RNA. We know once you try our IBI Isolate, IBI RNA Pure Kit, or BOTH in our Tri-Isolate kit (for a fraction of the cost!!), you will also see the value added in IBI products.
IBI Isolate is a phenol, chloroform, and guanidine isothiocyanate based scalable solution for extracting high-quality total RNA as well as simultaneous extraction of RNA, DNA, and protein from a wide variety of samples such as blood, buffy coat, plasma, serum, cultured cells, and tissue.
- Operation time: up to 60 minutes.
- Can simultaneously extract DNA – RNA and Protein from the same sample.
- The extracted RNA can be used directly in a variety of downstream applications such as cDNA library construction, cloning, RT-PCR (Endpoint), real-time PCR, nuclease protection assays, and northern blotting.
IBI Isolate is tested on a lot-to-lot basis. RNA from a 1 ml human blood sample is extracted using IBI Isolate. 10 µl from a 50 µl eluate of RNA is analyzed by electrophoresis on a 0.8% agarose gel.
How does the IBI Isolate DNA/RNA Reagent Kit work?
This kit uses a phenol-chloroform and guanidine isothiocyanate solution to simultaneously extract DNA, RNA and protein from a variety of samples. Once the sample is lysed, aqueous layers will form in the tube. The first, clear layer contains RNA, the second, white layer contains DNA & protein, the third, red layer contains organics, DNA and protein. Yield was found to be 25 µg RNA during testing.
Does your research require total RNA of a higher level of purity?
IBI Scientific manufactures the RNA Pure Kit available in a variety of sizes (4, 50, or 100 reactions) depending on your specific purification needs for use following reagent-based extraction with IBI Isolate or competitor products.
The RNA Pure Kit uses a simple and efficient spin column procedure to purify total RNA stored in RNase-free water, elution buffer or TE Buffer following extraction using acid-guanidinium-phenol-chlorofom based methods such as TRIzol® reagent and IBI Isolate. Contaminants such as RNases, DNA and residual phenol are effectively removed using a simple 4-step procedure. The high-quality, total RNA is eluted in RNase-free Water or TE (RNase-free) and is ready for use in a variety of sensitive downstream applications such as RT-PCR, Northern Blotting, Primer Extension, mRNA Selection, cDNA Synthesis, RNase Protection Assay.
- Sample Size: 50 μg of total RNA
- Operation time: 10 minutes
- Recovery: Up to 80% of high-quality RNA
- Elution Volume: 20 - 50 μl
- Compatibility: Purify RNA stored in RNase-free water, elution buffer or TE Buffer following extraction using IBI Isolate, TRI-Reagent®, TRIzol®, RNAzol®, QIAzol® etc.
- Additional Requirements: 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tubes, absolute ethanol
The RNA Pure Kit is tested on a lot-to-lot basis. Following RNA purification using the RNA Pure Kit, 10 μl from a 50 μl eluate of purified RNA is analyzed by electrophoresis on a 0.8% agarose gel.
Looking to get the MOST for the lowest cost?? Check out both products available all-in-one with the IBI Tri-Isolate Kit!
IBI Scientific’s Tri-Isolate RNA Pure Kit is a phenol and guanidine isothiocyanate plus spin column system for convenient purification of high-quality total RNA from a variety of samples including cultured cells, tissue, body fluids, bacteria, and plant tissue.
Initially, samples are homogenized in IBI Isolate reagent without chloroform phase separation or isopropanol RNA precipitation. Following sample homogenization, simply bind, wash, and elute the high-quality, total RNA in RNase-free water. The purified RNA can be used in a variety of downstream applications, including cDNA library construction, cloning, RT-PCR (End-point), Real-Time PCR, nuclease protection assays, northern blotting.
- No isopropanol RNA precipitation
- No phenol carryover
- High quality RNA: A260/A280 > 1.8, A260/A230 > 1.8
- Operation Time: 15 minutes or less
- Elution Volume: 25 – 50 µl
- Binding Capacity: 50 µg RNA from > 25 µl DNase/RNase-free water
- Sample Size: up to 5 x 106 cultured cells, 10 – 50 mg tissue, up to 200 µl body fluids (blood, buffy coat, serum, plasma), 1 x 109 bacterial cells, 20 – 50 mg plant tissue
- No chloroform phase separation
If you want to extract the maximum amount of RNA possible in the presence of high amounts of lipids or polysaccharides, IBI Isolate DNA/RNA Reagent Kit will out-perform competitors’ products without draining your lab’s funds.
If you need a column-based procedure to ensure purity of your total RNA after reagent-based extraction, IBI RNA Pure Kit is the answer whether you started your extraction with IBI Isolate or a competitor’s product.
Is your lab ready for BOTH products at once? Purchase IBI Tri-Isolate RNA Pure Kit and get the most product for your money!!
Competitors: $12 per prep
IBI Scientific: $3.15 per prep!!