IBI Fecal DNA kit - 100 prep kit
- Sample Size: 180 – 220mg of fresh or frozen stool samples
- Utilizes a proprietary inhibitor removal buffer.
- Includes Beadbeating tubes (containing ceramic beads) for sample homogenization.
- Also includes inhibitor removal columns and Genomic DNA columns.
- Isolated DNA is ready for PCR, restriction enzyme digestion and sequencing reactions.
The IBI Fecal DNA Extraction kit is designed for rapid isolation of Genomic DNA from microorganisms, such as bacteria and fungi in stool samples. The stool sample is homeginized and disrupted using a lysis buffer and ceramic beads. Insoluble particles, proteins and PCR inhibitors such as humic acid are then precipitated with a proprietary Inhibitor removal buffer. Residual inhibitors are further removed by passing through a specialized PCR inhibitor removal column. Genomic DNA in the sample is then bound to the included GD column followed by wash and elution. The extract procedure can be completed in 50 minutes and the purified genomic DNA is ready for use in PCR, restriction enzyme digestion and sequencing reactions.
Sample size: 180 – 220mg of frozen or fresh stool sample
Binding capacity: 50ug
Time: 50 minutes
Elution Volume: 30 – 100ul
Format: Beadbeating tubes (containing ceramic beads), proprietary inhibitor removal buffer, PCR inhibitor removal columns and genomic DNA columns
Kit storage: Room temperature